Directions & Detours
Annually in October, temporary road detours and traffic control measures occur near UBC in Vancouver, BC, for the Great Trek presented by BlueShore Financial. On race day for the in-person event, there will be temporary road impacts as noted below. There are no road closures for the Virtual Race.
If you are driving, take W 16th Ave and at the roundabout take the first exit right onto E Mall N.
Please make sure to arrive early on race day if you’re looking to park and consider these parkades on campus:
1. The North Parkade is conveniently located near all of the festivities. (UBC Map) (Google Map)
2. Rose Garden Parkade (UBC Map) (Google Map)
3. University Parkade (3-hour limit) – the new parkade is located off University Blvd, by the old Aquatic Centre. (Google Map)
If you take a bus from Downtown, there is a #14 UBC that runs Southbound on Granville St. If you are coming from the East, consider #25 UBC, Westbound on King Edward Ave. Please note that some buses are not available during set hours. Find your best route via the Translink Website.
Start waves feature colour-coded corrals with different start times. Approximately four minutes prior to your estimated Start Time, you’ll be invited to enter from the back of the the Start Line Area. Your time will not be impacted as your race bib includes a timing chip and you’ll receive a timed race result.
- 21.1KM : 8:30am start (Corral: Black 8:30am, Grey 8:34am, Blue 8:38am, Yellow 8:42am, Pink 8:45am)
- 10KM : 10:30am start (Corral: Black 10:30am, Grey 10:35am, Blue 10:40am, Yellow & Pink 10:45am)
- 5KM : 12:30pm start (Corral: Black 12:30pm, Grey 12:35pm, Blue 12:40pm, Yellow 12:45pm & Pink 12:50pm)
Note: Times and details are subject to change. Please arrive early.
RUNVAN® is known in the community for hosting sustainable events with a high waste diversion rate. We look forward to putting on another green event this year and kindly request your support!
Running a Half Marathon, 10KM or 5KM isn’t always a simple task, and sometimes it can be easy to forget the little things – like recycling. That’s why we’ve created a Runner’s Green Pledge
Please assist us in hosting sustainable events:
- Use marked recycling stations, not City bins, at the Start and Finish Line
- Dispose of all recyclable food, including juice boxes, at recycling stations
- Dispose of unwanted goods, gels, etc, at marked aid stations on-course
- Travel smart. Utilize car shares, carpool, transit and the free bike valet