A Jaunt Through Musqueam Territory
Next in-person event: Saturday, October 23, 2021
View course map
View Race kit
On Musqueam territory, the Great Trek features gorgeous running routes under colourful fall foliage, and a tour through the beautiful university campus. All three distances share a Start and Finish Line near the AMS Student Nest and the Half Marathon and 10KM routes run out towards the UBC Endowment Lands. For the new Virtual Race, you’re asked to please find your own pedestrian friendly route. In-Person races also return to UBC this October!
Join in – Now!
Forerunners Main St
3889 Main St, Vancouver, BC
Monday, October 18, 2021, to Friday, October 22, 2021, from 10am to 6pm. Note: Times are subject to change.
OCTOBER 23, 2021
5KM : 12pm Noon
Please respect the safety protocols administered by staff and volunteers on-site. Thank you.
This is part of the RUNVAN® Grand Slam with the First Half, BMO Vancouver Marathon, Granville Island Turkey Trot and Great Trek.
In-Person, Virtual, Hybrid
You may run your Virtual Race anytime between October 16-31. In-person races will be held at UBC, Saturday, October 23.
The Great Trek is traditionally held in late October
- Great Trek gloves
- Race Bib with Timing Chip if In-Person
- Measured and mark courses if In-Person
- Race Medal included with In-Person Races
- Race Medal is optional with Virtual Races
- Bonus Medal if you complete the Hat-trick
- $25 off at Forerunners (minimum $75 spend)
- Stanley Park Beer (in-person pickup only, if of age)
- Nuun Hydration (in-person pickup only)
- Opportunity to donate and fundraise for charity
- Race Results, leaderboards and more!
Please note that traditional services like gear check, race day package pickup, water stations on-course, and entertainment will be limited or removed due to lingering concerns of COVID-19. The in-person race will include an official Start Line, Finish Line, timing and race results.
Training Tips by Forerunners
Forerunners shares tips on how to optimize your training through a multi-pace running program. Learn more